DRG Research/Business Development Associate Job Description
DRG is an African-managed start-up think-tank and business advisory firm based in Harare, Zimbabwe. We are a collaborative launch-pad aimed at supporting innovative development ideas and galvanizing the voice of young professionals to inform national policy discourse and business decisions.
We focus on reimagining the current and future status of the health, education, governance, and private sector in African development. We offer strategy development support, data collection and data analytics, market research, due diligence, and organizational development and training services to corporations and individual investors, governments and development partners.
DRG Research/Business Development Associate (RBD Associate) is a young professional passionate about African development and is comfortable working on the intersections of business and development. The RBD Associate is not just ‘someone looking for a job’, but an individual committed to growing with a start-up organization challenging the status quo. The work of the RBD Associate can span from basic research on key policy issues to building relationships with key clients in the industry to drafting proposals for new projects.
Areas of Work/Responsibilities
- Lead DRG research projects (business, development and policy related research) and provide strategic direction on the approach and delivery of projects
- Identify and help to develop strategic relationships with partners and potential customers and develop new business models for DRG
- Assist in the development of a strong pipeline of business opportunities for DRG
- Review and monitor strategies of the company with regards to marketing and advertising etc.
- Prepare presentations for potential clients, create/update client profiles as well as follow-up on meetings with clients
- Suggest efficient financial/pricing models that will attract new clients
- Prepare DRG reports as requested and participate in DRG article writing activities
DRG Research/Business Development Associate Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field (business, sciences, economics etc.) supported by at least 2 years relevant work experience in a challenging fast paced environment
- Very strong numeric/analytical (e.g. familiar with Statistical packages) and research skills
- Effective interpersonal, communication and networking skills – Just be nice and be a people person
- Ability to manage the firm’s marketing and social media activities
- High level proficiency in Microsoft packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access etc.)
- Fluent in English and other local languages
What DRG Will Offer
- You will be able to work with an international team on a variety of high-profile projects
- You will become an integral part of a dynamic, exciting and fast-growing African firm
- Base Remuneration + Project Based Compensation
Interested candidates should email their 1-2 page CV and cover letter to email@example.com